The adventure is real. The experience is legendary. That’s how I would describe Far-off Daydream Game’s latest offering, A Near Dawn. Inspired by traditional adventure titles like Broken Sword and Monkey Island, A Near Dawn aims at capturing the classics gameplay that made those two titles instant classics.
The game ventures into the dark psychological setting about a Seattle attorney suffering from increasingly straining psychological issues that are being pushed to the limit by a sinister conspiracy that he hopes to unravel. With one part darkness and two parts humor, A Near Dawn will captivate you with gut-wrenching thrills wrapped neatly around a mature oriented theme.
- Gorgeous artwork rendered in 1080HD
- Immersive cinematics with some illustrated frame-by-frame animation
- Fully voiced audio by exceptionally talented actors
- Beautiful original soundtrack
- Point and Click interface with puzzles to resolve
- Psychological tension – the main character is psychologically vulnerable and can give in to his dark side depending on your decisions, altering the course of your interactions with others
- Multiple endings – your successes or failures can take you off course from the true ending
Far-off Daydream Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign that you should definitely check out if you love traditional PC adventure games! You can also check it out on Steam and on their official site!
A Near Dawn is scheduled to be released around the 3rd quarter of 2018. We can’t wait!